The '99 R1100S - Yermo's guest bike - in the Smokey Mountains. It looks and runs great. You'd never know that it had been completely disassembled and rebuilt over a period of months, a story told by the pictures linked to below, only to be finished one day before leaving on this trip through the mountains. Not only did it make it out and back without a hitch, it was thoroughly flogged at Deal's Gap!
Ian in a tight right-hander at Deal's Gap on the R11S. Photo by killboy.com.
Photo albums of the rebuild:
- Initial Work Photo Album.
- Wiring fiasco
- More Disassembly
- (after a few months) Continuing Disassembly and more surprises.
- The Re-Assembly Begins!
- http://www.s-boxer.de - German site with english content available.
- Pelican Parts BBS R1100S Tech Forum
- BMW MOA "Oil-Head" Tech Forum
- Beemer Bone Yard - an excellent source for low costs good condition parts for K-bikes and Oilheads.
More links coming soon.